Director of Membership: Borche Antovski
Hi, everyone my name is Borche Antovski. I am your new PTK Director of Membership for this 2018-19 school year. I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and I’m excited to help you out with overcoming all your struggles and challenges this following year.
A little bit more about myself.
I was born and raised in a small country called Macedonia. I lived there for 18 years and it’s still and always will be my first home. I moved in LA three years ago and it took me by surprise. My senior year of high school I was at Santa Monica High School with a plan to go to SMC the year after. My first major was Biochemistry and late 2018 I changed it to Computer Science & Engineering. This is my third and last year at SMC and I am going to miss all of it. I know my work here is not yet done and I have the biggest year of my college life (TRANSFERING). I hope everything goes good cause I really wanna get in a UC (UCLA, UC Berkley or UCSD). I’m staring the App’s just right now and if anyone has some magical tips to make this process easier PLEASE HELP!
PTK is what made me love SMC. I’m an international student and not to lie my experience at SMC wasn’t all wonderful. PTK helped me overcome a lot of barriers that I created myself for many different reasons (mainly Impostor syndrome). Moving to the US at first changed me into a closed and shy person that only went to classes and straight away back home throughout my first year of SMC. Joining PTK really opened my eyes to see that I am not the only one that goes through these life challenges. I met wonderful people and built amazing friendships, who helped me in my journey to become a better version of myself. PTK is not just a club or a Honor Society, It is the definition of family.
Love following NBA
Like playing basketball and swimming and I’m always down to try out new sports (So hmu)
Love science and technology
Lastly, as your new Director of Membership I am in charge of your credits and everything connected with Canvas this year. So, if you have any questions or problems regarding these topics please don’t hesitate to contact me. That being said I am still here for any types of questions and problems that you may have, and I encourage you to approach me ASAP.
- Available for the afternoon forums and/or the morning forum
- Reliable/Easy to contact though phone or text
- Comfortable with talking to many people
- Open to learn and improve leadership skills
- I am looking for 1-2 commissioners to be at each forum. Ideally I would like at least one commissioner at each forum.
- Duties will include and are not limited to answering questions people have about PTK and PTK membership, making members feel welcomed, helping with preparing the member list and keeping track of credits and the general organization of member information.
- If you are interested, please contact me in the contact form below, Submit the commissioner application form along with a one-page statement telling me about yourself, why you want to be my commissioner and your goals during and after SMC!